Please note: If you encountered an error during the import, please update the Classic app to version 4.2.1 which should address the issue.
Video instruction on Youtube
Video instruction on Tencent
In Grid Diary Classic (4.2.0+),
- Tap home on the screen, tap the “...” button, then tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Data” -> ”Advanced” -> ”Export JSON”, wait for exporting, then choose open In Grid Diary 2 in the popup sheet.
In Grid Diary 2:
- Tap “Import” and wait for the process to complete.
- Go back to the home screen, you can find the “Imported” journal there.
If you have backup file saved in Files, you can directly import it to Grid Diary as well.
- Tap “Me” on the bottom menu, tap “Data” -> ”Backup” -> ”Import Grid Dairy Classic Data” -> “Browse” into the Grid Diary document -> choose the backup file (.gdjson)
Try to save the JSON file to Files.app or other document apps. Then open the file in that app, choose Grid Diary 2 in the popup sheet.