To use this feature, please make sure your Grid Diary is upgraded to 1.0.8 or newer version.
If you haven’t exported the data from Day One, you need to do this first.
- Open Day One on your device. Go to “Settings”. Tap “Import/ Export”.
- You could change the export settings (e.g. Date Range) here. Then tap “Export Day One JSON”.
3. At this point, there are two ways to import the data to Grid Diary. You can either directly copy the data to Grid Diary or save them to files first.
- Method 1: Copy to Grid Diary.
Once you have tapped “Export Day One JSON”, the data will be listed at the bottom of this page. You can tap any JSON.zip file, and then choose to “Copy to Grid Diary”.
- Method 2: Save to Files.
After you tap “Export Day One JSON”, you could either choose to “Save to Files”. And then choose a folder to save your data.
Next, open Grid Diary on the same device. Go to “Me” → “Data” → “Backup”. Tap “Import Day One” → “Browse File (.ZIP)” → Choose the files you just exported from Day One.
4. Customize your own settings on the "Import Day One" page.
- "Single Grid": if you have several entries on the same day on Day One, Grid Diary will combine all of them in one single grid. The default title will be "Day One" or you can also rename it.
- "Multiple Grid": if you have several entries on the same day on Day One, Grid Diary will assign each entry in a grid. Under this circumstance, the timestamp will be the title for each grid.
- "Insert timestamp": you could choose to insert it or not, insert it at the beginning or at the end.
- "Import Tags": choose to import tags or not.
5. Lastly, tap the “Import” button. Now you have successfully imported your data from Day One!