There is no account system in Grid Diary Classic, all your data is stored locally on your device. So you need to transfer the data to Grid Diary 2 manually.
Method A (Recommended)
Please upgrade to Grid Diary Classic (4.2.6+), Grid Diary 2 (1.0.4).
- Open Grid Diary Classic (4.2.6+), Tap home button, tap the "..." button, and then go to "Settings"
- Go to "Data" - "Advanced" - "Export JSON". And then wait for exporting
- Choose "Open In Grid Diary 2" in the popup window
- In Grid Diary 2, tap “Import” and wait for the process to complete
Please update to Grid Diary Classic (4.2.4+), Grid Diary 2 (1.0.4).
- Open Grid Diary Classic
- Switch to Grid Diary 2. Tap "Me" - "Data" - "Backup" - "Import Grid Dairy Classic Data" - "Open Grid Diary Classic"
- Wait until complete. It might take a few minutes if you have a lots of data in the Classic version
If you have Grid Diary Transfer File (GDJSON) saved in Files.app or other places, you can directly import it to Grid Diary 2 as well.
- In Grid Diary 2, tap "Me" - "Data" - "Backup" - "Import Grid Diary Classic Data" - "Browse GDJSON File"
After successfully transferring your data and subscribing to the new Grid Diary, you can delete Grid Diary Classic to free up space.